Gluten Free Banana Bread
What you’ll need:
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
4 Tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
5 medium size bananas mashed (or 4 large, Or 6 very small)
2 Tablespoon flax powder (mixed in 5 Tablespoons water, stir and let tis sit for 5 minutes
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2) Put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients together, this will get rid of any lumps in the chickpea flour while combining the ingredients.
3) Now mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4) Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix with a wooden spoon.
5) Pour the mixture into a standard size bread loaf tin. I use a 25cm x 5.5cm tin. You can use anything similar.
6) Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Note: If by any chance you find the loaf has not baked through after it has cooled, pop it back into the oven for another 5 minutes. The toothpick test doesn't really work with this bread as it appears more wet at first when it comes out of the oven.
Also keep the loaf on the middle level of the oven or a bit lower, as the bread the bread darkens very easily and quickly on top.